Get rid of ps4ux.com popups and redirects on Mac by eliminating the attendant virus and restoring regular settings in Safari, Firefox and Chrome.
Fixing a Mac machine infected with the ps4ux virus requires quite a bit of security footwork. Catching this annoying plague, however, is trivial. All it takes to get hit by the offending code is download a booby-trapped file or application that seems normal on the outside but actually contains the potentially unwanted entity inside the package. The worst part about this pest is that it’s a nuisance that interferes with the victim’s web surfing, while there is no direct evidence that it may be involved in more hazardous malware campaigns. With that said, the intrusive impact can render one’s web browser hardly operable. The user will be experiencing haphazard redirects to pages whose URLs start with ps4ux.com/click?h=, as well as full-page popups and pop-unders that slow Safari, Chrome or Firefox down to a crawl. No matter how hard you try to close all of these unwelcome tabs and windows, there are many more to come.
There is no single landing page that ps4ux.com resolves to. The above-mentioned static part of the URL is followed by a variable ad campaign string that may be associated with a different rogue service or product each time the redirect or popup occurs. For instance, the user may end up on a junk site pretending to be a search provider, and then a minute later the forcibly resolved page may contain a phony software update recommendation. Be advised the apps promoted through ps4ux are not safe to install. In some of the reported incidents, users have caught banking trojans and keyloggers masqueraded as video player updates, file downloaders or games.
Again, the only reliable way to avoid contamination in this case is to stick with official software download resources where every application is scrupulously verified against a checklist of possible security and privacy issues. The ps4ux virus accompanies apps distributed through untrustworthy sites, so steer clear of download portals with poor reputation. If the drive-by download happens to have already taken place, the victim’s first priority is to locate and terminate the infection, otherwise the web browsing parameters will keep undergoing corrupt impact. Peruse the follow-up to this description and learn how to remedy a Mac infected with ps4ux virus.
Ps4ux adware manual removal for Mac
To begin with, settings for the web browser that got hit by the ps4ux virus should be restored to their default values. The overview of steps for this procedure is as follows:
1. Reset Safari
• Open the browser and go to Safari menu. Select Reset Safari in the drop-down list
• Make sure all the boxes are ticked on the interface and hit Reset
2. Reset Google Chrome
• Open Chrome and click the Customize and Control Google Chrome menu icon
• Select Options for a new window to appear
• Select Under the Hood tab, then click Reset to defaults button
3. Reset Mozilla Firefox
• Open Firefox and select Help – Troubleshooting Information
• On the page that opened, click the Reset Firefox button
Get rid of Ps4ux.com virus using Freshmac automatic removal tool
When confronted with malicious code like the Ps4ux virus on Mac, you can neutralize its toxic impact by leveraging a specially crafted system utility. The Freshmac application (read review) is a perfect match for this purpose as it delivers essential security features along with must-have modules for Mac optimization.
This tool cleans unneeded applications and persistent malware in one click. It also protects your privacy by eliminating tracking cookies, frees up disk space, and manages startup apps to decrease boot time. On top of that, it boasts 24/7 tech support. The following steps will walk you through automatic removal of the Ps4ux.com infection.
1. Download Freshmac installer onto your machine. Double-click the Freshmac.pkg file to trigger the installer window, select the destination disk and click Continue. The system will display a dialog asking for your password to authorize the setup. Type the password and click Install Software.
2. Once the installation has been completed, Freshmac will automatically start a scan consisting of 5 steps. It scans cache, logs, unused languages, trash, and checks the Mac for privacy issues.
3. The scan report will then display your current system health status and the number of issues detected for each of the above categories. Click the Fix Safely button to remove junk files and address privacy issues spotted during the scan.
4. Check whether the Ps4ux.com virus has been fixed. If the lock screen is still there, go to the Uninstaller option on Freshmac GUI. Locate an entry that appears suspicious, select it and click Fix Safely button to force-uninstall the unwanted application.
5. Go to Temp and Startup Apps panes on the interface and have all redundant or suspicious items eliminated as well. The Ps4ux.com fraud shouldn’t be causing any further trouble.