How to uninstall iLife Media Browser from Mac
Learn how to completely remove iLife Media Browser from Mac computer without affecting the system and find out the common motivation scenarios for doing so.
There are applications Mac users install on their own, and there are ones pre-installed on computers or promoted in the course of operating system updates. Some people don’t appreciate things that show up on their machine out of the blue and take up memory space. This is a common concern regarding the iLife Media Browser utility. For the record, this tool is not harmful and it’s not malware, unless of course some crafty cybercriminals release a perpetrating program that impersonates it. The app in question is a component of the GarageBand solution, which, in its turn, constitutes the iLife software suite for macOS. The goal of iLife Media Browser is to facilitate the process of finding and importing audio and video content into a GarageBand project. This is, obviously, not a feature everyone uses.
Normally, if you don’t use this tool it simply resides in the system, inconspicuously runs in the background and doesn’t cause any inconvenience. The problems may start in the following scenarios. First, a lot of people run into issues after the iLife Media Browser update to version 2.0 that didn’t go as intended. In this case, the program will not operate correctly, crash and cause annoying error notifications. Another type of a concomitant predicament is when the user is running out of memory. Since the app under scrutiny happens to be quite resource-heavy, the Mac may slow down and become irresponsive handling other tasks, even simple ones. This impact diminishes user experience and requires some troubleshooting
Either issue is a drag, therefore the removal of iLife Media Browser may end up on the user’s agenda. Those who aren’t very tech-savvy may find it difficult to perform the uninstall procedure, because the tool is a constituent of a larger suite. Others hesitate and wonder whether this is okay for the stability of macOS. Fortunately, the uninstall will not affect Mac performance, nor will it cause other programs to malfunction. One more fact that might encourage users to remove iLife Media Browser is that it’s an obsolete - yet working - product whose functionality that has been delegated to newer solutions. All in all, if the cleanup is on your to-do list, go ahead and follow the steps below to complete it.
iLife Media Browser manual removal for Mac
The steps listed below will walk you through the removal of this potentially unwanted application. Be sure to follow the instructions in the order specified.
• Open up the Utilities folder as shown below
• Locate the Activity Monitor icon on the screen and double-click on it
• Under Activity Monitor, find the entry for iLife Media Browser, select it and click Quit Process
• A dialog should pop up, asking if you are sure you would like to quit the iLife Media Browser executable. Select the Force Quit option
• Click the Go button again, but this time select Applications on the list. Find the entry for iLife Media Browser on the interface, right-click on it and select Move to Trash. If user password is required, go ahead and enter it
• Now go to Apple Menu and pick the System Preferences option
• Select Accounts and click the Login Items button. The system will come up with the list of the items that launch when the box is started up. Locate iLife Media Browser there and click on the “-“ button
Use automatic tool to uninstall iLife Media Browser from your Mac
1. Download and install MacBooster application (read review). The tool provides both optimization and security features for your Mac. As part of obliterating iLife Media Browser proper, consider also checking your machine for security risks and performance issues by hitting Scan. When the scan has been completed, get rid of the detected threats by clicking on the Fix button.
2. Proceed to the Uninstaller feature, find the troublemaking entry on the Applications list and have MacBooster completely eliminate the app from your Mac by clicking Uninstall in the bottom part of the GUI. Doing so will ensure all components of the program, which may have not been removed in the manual way, will be thoroughly cleaned up.